Monday, August 30, 2010

More trailers for Helen Frost's poetry

Summer school is over and the new fall semester begins today. Before I move forward, I'd like to share two digital poetry trailers created this summer by my students, Jennifer Curnow and Julia Vandiver (and shared with their permission). As it happens, they both choose works by Helen Frost, Keesha's House and Diamond Willow, respectively. I think they've done a good job capturing the tone of each book, in particular. What do you think? Here's Jennifer's trailer for Keesha's House.



And here's Julia's trailer for Diamond Willow below.

4 comments:

laurasalas said...

That Keesha's House one is lovely (didn't have time to view the other one yet)! I just read this book in the past 6 months or so, and this video really does capture the feeling of it. Thanks for sharing, Sylvia!

cupcakesandbluegrass said...

Both trailers were very good! I am especially excited to read Diamond Willow. Good choice of music for that one! Thanks...love your blog!

Anonymous said...

These took a lot of time and thought--thank you! Sylvia, you have the best students!

डा0 हेमंत कुमार ♠ Dr Hemant Kumar said...

Respected mam ,
i tried to listen the poetries posted by you.but due to technical problemes i could not. but i liked your blog,and way of presentation.
can you visit my childrens blog ?and give me your opinion to improve it?
with regards.
Hemant